If you are tired of the standard school system, it is high time to think about homeschooling programs. If you think that this is definitely your choice, you need to convince your parents about it. Get their attention, use logic, facts, and persistence to convince them to let you learn at home instead of going to school.
- Reasons you want to home school. Maybe you have some social issues in school (difficulty of making friends), being bulled, unsafe or your grades are low. Mention this when you start talking to them.
- Do a research. Find out as much as you can about homeschooling. Discover different options and programs, find out the costs, and so on.
- Meet some people who attend home school. Try to make friends with them not to become isolated once you begin homeschooling. Ask them to tell how they feel about the educational program you want to attend and ask them to persuade your mom and dad.
- Sounds bad, but tell your parents about the things you really dislike at school. Tell them about the things that can be fixed when you start homeschooling. Mention that there are online teachers and the environment of an online school is much comfortable for you. As a result, your grades will grow because of the better atmosphere, you will be able to rest more and become more independent and disciplined.
- Don’t give up, if they refuse the first time. Be ready to start again later. But you should show respect to your parents, don’t issue them with an ultimatum!